Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is 5 days away!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Freaking out a little bit! LOL So much to do and not alot of time..leaving friday for NJ so lots of laundry and trying to straighten up before we go, as well as cookies, wrapping gifts, making last minute gifts, and a host of other things too!
I am sad to report that I wont be posting the last few Tags of Christmas..There are not enough hours in the day for me to get everything done! I will post them in the New Year for my post Holiday wrap up!
I did have a project for you though..

This is my teacher's gifts this year..



This was a Michaels wood frame that I got for 25 cents back in October. I stained front and back with Walnut Stain then cut a template for the front of the frame and then traced it onto the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist in Christmas...LOVE this paper!! after it was nice and dry I inked them with The limited Edition Winter Stack in Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough.
The inside was created by gluing a piece of kraft paper to the cardboard backing and inking  Iced Spruce at the top and Evergreen Bough at the bottom then taking Picket Fence Distress Stain and tapping it over the bottom...making a snow scene, then taking the same foam that had the Iced Spruce on it I tapped that over the white to get rid of the circles and soften it..Then I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist Chalkboard mist in Chalkboard.
The tree is cut from the Christmas Solutions Cricut cartridge then spritzed with Glimmer Mist in Garden Fairy. I then applied dots of Christmas Red Stickles to the swirls.
The embellishments are made from Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum Quilling and Rose/Carnation quilling leaf die..The pinecones and sprigs are made from Tim Holtz Tattered Pine cone die!! I LOVE this die! You need to practice and be sure to check out his video here
After the pinecones and flowers were dry, I took Snow Cap dabber and dabbed them to look like snow. After that was dry I applied Frosted lace Stickles to my finger and rubbed it all over to make the snow pop!
 Hot glue works the best for applying all of the embellishments. The sentiment were cut out from the Seasonal Idea-ology Paper Stash from Tim Holtz..I love all the vintage little postcards! I love his paper packs because they always have the prints shrunk down 6x6, 2x2 snippets and borders. It's great for ATC, cards, and LO's alike!
Almost forgot..those little red flowers were once a light yellow..They were a $1 store find and I painted then with Glimmer glam in Big Apple! the glam really stuck to them better then the mist did.
The ribbon is Seam binding colored with Ranger Perfect Pearls in Forever Red and Santa Baby Glimmer Mist. My trick to get the ends even is I first tie it around my thigh into a bow, then slide it down my leg. I then take the big loop and cut it in half. Now both sides are even!!
Hot glue the ends to the back of the frame..

Voila!! It's finished!!

Supplies Used:

Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper stash
Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper
Coredinations Cardstock  in Quicksand, Fern, Amazon,and Red Rose.
Queen Bee brads from Pink Paislee ~ used for flower centers.
EZ Walnut Ink ~ Fiber Scraps
Low temp hot glue gun
$1 wood frames from Michaels
Chrysanthemum Quilling die  and Rose/Carnation leaves ~ Cuttlebug
Adirondack Acrylic Dabber in Snow Cap
Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Picket Fence
Tattered Angels Glimmer Chalkboard Mist ~ Chalkboard
Tattered Angels glimmer Mist ~ Santa Baby, Garden Fairy
Ranger Perfect Pearls ~ Forever Red
Seam Binding
Tim Holtz Distress Inks ~ Festive Berries, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Walnut stain.
Stickles ~ Frosted Lace, Christmas Red
White CS ~ the paper backing in my scrapbooks..I never realized I could recycle it and it also makes the books thinner!!
Christmas Solutions Cricut Cartridge
$1 store yellow flowers
Tattered Angles Glimmer Glam ~ Big Apple

Thanks for stopping by...I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!  All to my Jewish friends..Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment