Tuesday, January 17, 2012

40 & Fabulous

Hello Friends,

I have been working in my studio on Layouts and purging stuff! Mom's Memories ( the LSS I work at) is having a yard sale this weekend and I have 2 totes full of stuff that I am going to part with! The hard part is labeling everything but it will be well worth it!
So here is one of the Layouts I finshed this week..it is of ME on my 40th birthday..I took the picture with my webcam on my laptop so it's a little grainy.


Supplies used:

Background papers ~ Webster's Pages- Hollywood Vogue, Feather Fashion, Bazzill Basics - Lavender, Echo Park - Be Mine- Black Damask
Title ~ 40- Cricut Classic Font, Bazzill Basics - lavender painted with Tattered Angels- Glimmer Glam- Royal Velvet, & ~ Webster's Pages - Storytellers Stickers - Hollywood, fabulous ~ Basic grey- Wilma Chipboard painted with Folk Art Acrylic paint- purple Lilac and Tattered Angels Gaze - Icicle.
Photo Mat ~ Bazzill Basics - Lavender distressed with Milled lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Inks.
Embellishments ~ Webster's Pages - Floral bouquet- Hollywood Vogue, Seam Binding colored with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, WP Fabric Ribbons - Hollywood vogue, Flowers - Prima - Sugar plum Roses - Eggplant. Offray lace,
The flowers were sprayed with Glimmer Mist to give them some sparkle - green leaves - English Ivy, gray leaves - icicle glimmer glaze, purple flower- Popsicle glimmer mist, cream flower - Iradescent gold glimmer mist. The Prima flowers were painted with Glimmer glaze - icicle.
Journaling Tag - Ranger - manilla #8  distressed with Milled lavender and dusty concord.
Smash date stamp, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Tips:

I wanted to use the Echo park Black Damask paper because of the pattern BUT I didn't like that it was stark white so I colored it with Distress Ink!
BEFORE:
 AFTER:
Don't you love the difference!! I do!

Journaling~ I am a stickler for journaling! I guess it's the Instructor in me..LOL My philosphy is if the written word is not on your page then the true story is not told! Journaling is the second most important part of your page! Always include it! Now, as I design I take into account my story I want to tell and pick my color palette and embellishments to help further tell the story. Your written word doesn't have to be seen! If your short on space then I create pockets from my background paper ( black damask) and write my journaling on the tag and slide it in! You can aslo create a larger pocket to hold tags, extra photos and memorbilia from a trip. I have a Cricut and have made a cupcake card from Hello Kitty Cartridge and diecut the cupcake for the front and the inside was my journaling spot!
I have also used a card as a photo mat and used the inside for more photos and journaling! The options are endless! You don't have to write a book..if you are short on words or are doing Heritage pages, all you need to include is the WHO, WHAT, WHY and WHEN!
In the case of Heritage photos, I know how hard it is to write something. Be as accurate as you can and write as much info you have at the time. You can always include other info at a later date if it becomes available.
I have been working on a travel album of my grandmother's for the last 8 yrs! I accquired these photos when she died, my Aunt was going to throw them away!! I have all her Memorbilia from these trips and was lucky enough to have the itenerary for one of them. I couldnt write about her experiences but I knew why she was there AND I could through LOTS of online research figure out WHERE she was and WHAT was in the photos! When it's complete, I will have preserved her treasured memories of her trips to different religious landmarks around the world! I LOVE that!!

The second page of my 40th Birthday:



Supplies Used:

Background papers ~ Bazzill basics - Lilac, Lavender, Echo Park- Be Mine- Black Damask, WP- Hollywood Vogue- Vellum.
Journaling Block ~ Bazzill basics - Lavender, Unity Stamps - Best Day Ever - journal block
Embellishments ~ WP - Hollywood vogue - Foo on film, Image & Phrase stickers, Fabric Ribbon. Prima fowers, offray ribbon,
Title ~ WP- hollywood Vogue - Storyteller stickers
I used all the same techniques and inks and paints on this one as I did on the other!
 LOVE how they turned out!



No comments:

Post a Comment