Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mad Painter

The other day I was on Twitter and I saw someone tweet about this new challenge site. I clicked on the link and found myself here . The site I found is called C.S.I. Color, Stories,Inspiration..Can I tell you that I LOVE it! There is a weekly challenge( Case File) that consists of The Scene ( a photo ), The Scheme ( Color Scheme inspired by the photo), The Evidence ( embellishments), and The Testimony ( Journaling Prompts). Each month the photos  are Inspired by different themes..This month it is Alice in Wonderland.
Plus, their is an online chat so that you can get to know the other scrappers as well as DT members! I was on the chat the other night and was laughing so hard I could not get my work done..too many fin distractions! So come and join me! If you need to be stretched or need inspiration you will find it here!
So onto my page..I'm easily distracted..LOL



Here is the rundown..


I used Coredinations Crabtree CS and used that as my base for the page, then I took a grey from my Bazzill Basics and cut it down to 11x11. I decided since they were painting in the pictures I would use Glimmer Mist ( my favorite thing in the world) and mimic paint blotches..I first start with a light color ( Key Lime Pie ~ a bright lime green) and then used Candy Corn and Sugar Maple. I layered the colors until I was satisfied with it then let it dry. The paper will curl but I have a  trick to solve that problem...Once the page is completely dry, turn it over and spritz a light layer of water over it. Then I take my trusty paper iron from Heidi Swapp and iron away! Voila!! My paper is now flat! You can use a regular iron but make sure it's not on a steam setting. After securing it to the background, I took my second love..Tim Holtz Distress Ink and distressed the edges in Walnut Stain..I love using the two together because the Distress ink reacts with the Glimmer Mist ( when sprayed on top of the ink) and makes it look that more vintage and distressed!! LOVE it!

Here are the rest of the Supplies I used:

Photo mats - Coredinations Roasted Peppers, Simple Stories- Elementary Designers- Teacher's Pet.

Pumpkin - Coredinations Roasted Peppers, scrap piece of yellow CS, Jingle Bells Glimmer Mist, Reeves Water Soluble wax pastels, Suagar Maple Glimmer Mist. I also used a this Sharpie to outline the face. Pumpkin is from Gypsy Wanderings for Cricut.

Journal Block ~ I used Teacher's Pet again and cut it from Tim Holtz Alterations Die - Baroque.

Title ~ American Crafts Thickers - fabric stickers- Dolce, Chipboard stickers- Bewitched.

Offray - Green lace

Flowers - Prima - Autumn Harvest- Hazelnut

Thanks for looking!! I hope you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment